At GMS Health and Travel Insurance, we've been helping Canadians feel protected and live well for more than 70 years. We care about our customers, our community and each other, giving back with our time and talents, not to mention our support for vital health programs in cardiac care and trauma services. We've also been named one of Saskatchewan's Top Employers for nine years.
Think you'd like to be part of a team that truly takes care of our customers, our communities and each other? All in all, we're a pretty awesome bunch to work with!
Here's the role
You will be a wealth of knowledge for GMS and our teams. As our Health & Dental Benefits Specialist, you'll take complex information or problems and translate them into actionable tasks. This role is key in working cross functionally across the business to ensure consistent business approaches, best practices and enhanced processes.
- Enjoy collaborating with others to provide your expert advice?
- Get excited about analyzing information and applying your knowledge to solutions?
- Have a knack for identifying gaps and enhancing process?
If you answered yes to any of the above, this might be your dream opportunity!
Set yourself apart
Here's the nuts and bolts of what we're looking for. Use these as a guide for how you can truly differentiate yourself from the competition.
- Analytical Thinking Can you pick up on trends, identify gaps, see opportunities, then quickly and efficiently solve problems?
- Communication Can you communicate complex items in an easily understood manner to a diverse range of audiences?
- Results Oriented Can we count on you to set high expectations, focus on outcomes, and attain milestones?
- Customer Focus Can we count on you to perceive the needs and expectations of customers?
Your must haves
- Post-secondary education in related field of study or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- 5+years of experience working as a business analyst or equivalent role.
- Expert knowledge of Health & Dental benefit insurance industry knowledge required.
Why is being a GMS employee so great?
- Our team is awesome! We work together for great causes and give back to the community in big ways. You'll help contribute through one paid volunteer day per year.
- Our benefits rock. You will have extensive health, dental, HSA coverage, as well as pension matching.
- Our hours help you achieve work/life balance. You'll start with 3 weeks' vacation plus one additional paid day per month for even more balance.
- We focus on your wellness. There's access to an EFAP program, on-site yoga classes, do creative lunch and learns, Wellness Champions Team and so much more!
Are we a fit?
If you think so, please apply by June 20, 2021. We are open to remote working situations for this role. We'd love to reach out to everyone who applies, but we just don't have enough hands! If you're selected for an interview, we'll be in touch. If not, please consider us again in the future.