At GMS Health and Travel Insurance, we've been helping Canadians feel protected and live well for more than 70 years. We care about our customers, our community and each other, giving back with our time and talents, not to mention our support for vital health programs in cardiac care and trauma services. We've also been named one of Saskatchewan's Top Employers for nine years!
Think you'd like to be part of a team that truly takes care of our customers, our communities, and each other? All in all, we're a pretty awesome bunch to work with!
Here's the role
As a Senior Accountant, you will use your incredible ability to analyze and crunch numbers to prepare and examine financial records, all while working as part of a team. If you thrive on:
- Tracking, reconciling, and reporting on transactions across the organization
- Adding value through suggestions for improvement to processes and procedures
- Using your expert analysis skills to add value to the financial information beyond the numbers
Then, this could be your dream opportunity!
Set yourself apart
Here's the nuts and bolts of what we're looking for. Use them to truly differentiate yourself from the competition.
- Quality Orientation: Do you set a high expectation for yourself and others to ensure business processes and practices are followed appropriately?
- Planning and Organization: Do you thrive under pressure when there are multiple competing priorities and deadlines and find success?
- Critical Thinking: Can you apply logical thinking and break down problems to find the best solution?
- Interpersonal Skills: Do you have strong communication skills that enable you to work and collaborate with a wide range of audiences and perspectives?
Your must haves
- A professional accounting designation, or working towards it.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 1-3 years' work experience in accounting field.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, with advanced Excel abilities.
- Experience using accounting software, and sales tax reporting.
Are We A Fit?
If you think so, please apply by December 7th, 2021.
We'd love to reach out to everyone who applies, but we just don't have enough hands! If you're selected for an interview, we'll be in touch. If not, please consider us again in the future.