At GMS Health and Travel Insurance, we've been helping Canadians feel protected and live well for more than 70 years. We care about our customers, our community and each other, giving back with our time and talents, not to mention our support for vital health programs in cardiac care and trauma services. We've also been named one of Saskatchewan's Top Employers for seven years running.
Think you'd like to be part of a team that truly takes care of our customers, our communities and each other? All in all, we're a pretty awesome bunch to work with!
Here's the role
As Data/Actuarial Analyst, you'll help us make decisions in ambiguous situations. Not with a Magic 8 Ball, but through your intellectual curiosity by gathering and summarizing relevant facts, developing models that capture various scenarios and options, and, ultimately, helping put together insights and recommendations for our decision makers. Do you:
- Thrive on collecting all kinds of data and analyzing both short and long term trends?
- Get excited about pulling together competitive data to support pricing and product strategies?
- Love to help design, build and improve predictive models?
- Then this could be your dream opportunity!
Set yourself apart
Here's the nuts and bolts of what we're looking for. Use these as a guide for how you can truly differentiate yourself from the competition.
- Teamwork - we put this first for a reason! Do you thrive in a collaborative culture?
- Dependability - can we count on you to get the job done well with limited oversight?
- Communication - can you explain complexities and put recommendations in clear language?
- Results-Driven - is it motivating to know your work helps achieve corporate sales and profitability targets?
Your must haves
- Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in programming in languages such as R, Python, SQL, SAS
- Strong data visualization techniques
- Insurance or financial services background considered an asset
Are We A Fit?
If you think so, please apply by August 23, 2019. We'd love to reach out to everyone who applies, but we just don't have enough hands! If you're selected for an interview, we'll be in touch. If not, please consider us again in the future.